David’s experience as a Property Economist across international markets is extensive. This knowledge allows David to apply international best practice to local projects, no matter where they are located.
David’s area of expertise covers the retail and mixed use sectors, along with many alternative real estate investment classes such as retirement villages, aged care and student accommodation. David has a reputation for astute analysis and advice that helps clients identify new opportunities and achieve their development objectives.
David’s broad knowledge is complimented by a strong understanding of fundamentals of the retail market, having worked on numerous iconic retail destinations globally.
David is currently based in Cistri’s Singapore office, however has also worked extensively for the company in Australia and Dubai. He is still very active in the Middle East market whilst also regularly working within Asian markets.
David has been fundamental in a number of projects throughout Asia Pacific and the Middle East, including:
- Socio-economic planning advice for several mega projects in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia including NEOM.
- Commercial land use demand for several large master plans in Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Seoul
- Detailed retail planning advice and financial feasibility for the regeneration of Doha’s city centre.
- Market assessments and forecasts on iconic retail malls such as The Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, Yas Mall, Chadstone and Al Maryah Central.
- Economic input into Dubai Urban Development Framework Plan for the Dubai Executive Council
- Numerous retail and property market assessments in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Korea, UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and India amongst others.