Clark International Airport and Clark International Airport City (CIAC), the former American military base and the second main gateway to the Philippines, will be operated and managed by the LIPAD Corporation. It is composed of Filinvest Development Corporation, JG Summit Holdings, Inc., Philippine Airport Ground Support Solutions Inc., and Changi Airports Philippines Pte. Ltd. The consortium won a 25-year concession to the airport’s operations and management (O&M) in public bidding.
Several improvements to the airport are planned by the consortium including fitting out a new terminal expected to be in operation in 2021. The plan also includes the development of a mixed-use airport city (CIAC – Clark International Airport City), consisting of retail, offices, hotels, gaming, cultural facilities, logistics and industrial park components.
Cistri, in partnership with Handel Architects, prepared a concept master plan and economic feasibility study for CIAC. The master plan will create a new benchmark for the Philippines and a market leader position for LIPAD Corporation.
Our team collaborated to develop a solution that drives maximum value and impact for the airport and the surrounding region. We tapped into our team’s deep and global expertise in airport cities, and local knowledge to deliver a ‘people and place’ focused plan that:
- Defines and secures a position for CIAC that is relevant to and compelling for its growing customer base that is distinctive in the increasingly competitive landscape of Metro Manila.
- Leverages the planned multi-modal transport hub with direct access to the new terminal offering seamless traveller connectivity to Metro Manila.
- Creates social and economic value for the broader Clark region.
- Balances competing for demands and secures the financial future of the airport.
- Celebrates and amplifies the richness of the people, culture, and landscape of Central Luzon.
- Provides plenty of green space for more people to enjoy more often.
The master plan was formulated to catalyse the transformation of Clark, from pure airport play to a comprehensive ecosystem built around retail, leisure and logistics.