Edwin has a specialist focus on the nexus between planning, policy, and development feasibility. He has previously led public sector efforts to develop planning policy frameworks to redevelop brownfield and transit-oriented sites across Singapore’s city centre, and has been responsible for statutory valuations for transit-oriented development sites adjacent to mass transit stations in Singapore. He has extensive experience in planning policy and statutory plan reviews, having been involved in two reviews of Singapore’s statutory land use zoning plan in 2014 and 2019 respectively.
Prior to joining Cistri, Edwin spent a decade in the Singapore Government specialising in urban planning, urban policy and valuation. Edwin served as an Urban Planning Team Lead with Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), Singapore’s national land use planning authority, and subsequently as a Principal Valuer with Chief Valuer’s Office within the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) with responsibility for pricing the sale of government land to private developers.
I combine planning, valuation, and urban policy expertise to create actionable frameworks for urban development.
Edwin’s project experience:
- Lease Renewal Valuation for Canninghill Piers, an upcoming 100,000 sqm GFA mixed use redevelopment site along the Singapore River.
- Reserve Price Valuation for the tender of a 96,000 sqm GFA mixed-use transit hub in Northwest Singapore.
- Project lead for the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s Strategic Development & CBD Incentive Schemes, using development feasibility, urban design, and planning expertise to implement Singapore’s first set of GFA incentives to encourage the redevelopment of older office and retail developments for residential use.
- Concept Masterplanning and Structure Plan for the Punggol Digital District, a 70ha technology business park precinct in Northeast Singapore.
- Revised Structure Plan for Singapore’s CBD as part of revisions to Singapore’s statutory land use plan in 2019.